Saturday, December 5, 2009

The binge

With practicum over and holidays on the horizon I went on a huge book buying binge, in preparation for an equally epic reading binge. What I got:

"Jennifer Morgue" by Charles Stross (read it before, but I want it in dead tree format)
"Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein (read it before, but once again, my own copy blah blah blah)
"Escapement" by Jay Lake
"Remake" by Connie Willis
"Wireless" by Charles Stross
"Climate Wars" by Gwynn Dyer
"No Logo" by Naomi Klein
"Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond (read it before, but I just had to get my own copy)
"Gravity's Rainbow" by Thomas Pynchon
"Catch 22" by Joseph Heller (read it before, but once again I want my own dead tree copy)
"The Great Cat Massacre and other episodes in French Cultural History" by Robert Darnton

This is all courtesy of Chapters who are having a pretty good sale going on right now, just FYI.

This list also does not include all the RPG products I have on the backburner and haven't gotten around to reading yet:
Damnation City (White Wolf)
The Radical's Handbook (FFG)
A couple of Changeling: The Lost books (White Wolf)
Traveller 3rd edition (Mongoose)

Yep, this reading binge will be of epic proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment